Thursday, December 4, 2008

Interview with European Artist, Aggie


I had a chance to interview the amazing artist, Aggie. She is a European artist working on collage and photography. I loved her sense of style and asked a few questions:

Recess (R) : What inspires you in your art? Is there anybody that you look up to?


Aggie (A): Nature is my main inspiration. I live in a green area so i get to see plenty of it and it fills me up.. peacefully. Also the human body and my dreams; I dream at night pretty often..

R: Do you only do art or are there other things you enjoy?

A: I learn to enjoy everything.. I enjoy living. Haha! I do like playng the guitar verrry much and I love to take baths. One thing I recently love are the conversations with someone that makes me feel warm inside.
R: If you could compare yourself to one of the Disney characters, who would it be?

A: JANE!! (from Tarzan)
''You are fascinated by the beauty of the animal kingdom. You love to study and explore, but be careful not to anger any baby monkeys!I will now label you: artistic, educated, teacher, proper, and compassionate...and ticklish.''

R: What’s your favorite piece of yours?

A: It's hard to pick one, like among children... you can't chose, you love 'em all.

R: You have several boots that you’ve made. Is there something to look forward to? A new design, perhaps?


A: I have no idea. and I have no time for boots... since I'm talking to people. Haha!
But, umm... honestly I think if I don't get any special orders or something I'm not going to continue that designing project.Even though i love to do it.. there are other things that I love now and I want to stay focused, if you know what i mean! ;]

R: You are a fortune cookie. What’s the lucky number and the advice or fortune?


A: The answer is 42- and the advice would be simple.. "Dream On."

R: If you could describe your art in one word, what would it be?

A: Paaaaancaaakes!!!!

If you want to see and hear more from Aggie click here.