Friday, December 12, 2008

interview with loveandasandwich


We interviewed the amazing artist and plush maker Love and A Sandwich!

Recess Blog (R) : What inspires you in your art? Is it based off someone you know?

Loveandasanwich (L) : Other art constantly inspires me. Clothing design, architecture, cinematography, other plush artists. Animal documentaries are really inspiring. The things I enjoy doing in my everyday life inspire me too. Usually when I start a new design I just think of everything I like and how I could combine a lot or a few of those things into one plush.

R: How would you describe your sense of style? What do you make the most?

L: Bright, spontaneous and cutesy creepy. I definitely make monsters the most, they're my favorite because there's unlimited ways you can make them.

R: What cartoon character are you most like?

L: I'm like Ash Ketchum (from Pokemon), I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

R : What do you think people should look forward to? Like a new design?

L : Oh man, ummm. I've been planning a lot of things lately. I'm working on a plush project with my pal cat called ME PLUSH YOU which is gonna be started in mid-January. I'm working on some 3 foot tall monsters, and I have my website in progress! And maybe some paintings, too.

R: Just imagine you're president. What would be your first official act?

L: Banish Bush to Iraq for eeeeternityyyyyy.

R: You've made several items. What's your favorite and why?

L: Hahaha I've made quite more than several! I don't know if I could pick a favorite, they're like my children! You love them all. But I think it would be either Weeko or Bunwich.

R: What's your advice to the gazillions of people out in the world looking at your art?

L: Haha gazillions!? Well, straight out of the mouth of The Tick, don't be a crybaby, be a TRYbaby.